Monday, November 11, 2013

First days of Decorating

November 1, 2013

As you saw in my last post - I finally have my very own home!  Since it has been a month in works I have had a lot of time to plan the interior decor.  The only issue for me going forward is budget - between the down payment, closing costs, property tax (which will be coming up soon), insurance and all of the minor fixes I need to make my budget is tight.

With that said - I have been keeping an eye on my favorite items waiting for a sale to snatch them up.  :)  I'm thinking the Black Friday sale will be the best - so I am trying to hold out!

1.  Paint - Currently the house is full of Greens.  The colors are nice - however a little dark for my taste.  I am obsessed with everything gray - so I have been in search of the perfect palette to match the greens and grays.  Here is an example of the paint colors I will be looking to implement in my new house: link.  I am obsessed - and will add a few touches of burnt orange or red to the mix with a throw or pillow here and there.

2.  Rugs -  Obsessed.  Obsessed.  Obsessed.  I am head over heals for Lulu and Georgia Rugs. This company offer the cutest rugs - in so many different colors and at a reasonable price. Below are two of my favorites - but I need to get all my furniture in and check out the space before deciding on one.  


3.  Tables -  What is a home without a nice big dining room table?  Esp for a family like mine where food and conversations all happen around the table.  The only issue is - tables are expensive...and so are chairs!  Eek.  I am willing to spend a pretty penny on a wooden table because I see the importance of it.  It only means I wont be able to get one in my house right away.  I have been eyeing the West Elm dining room furniture.  Specifically these two rustic yet classic tables:


West Elm is a great place to shop for classic, quality pieces at a reasonable price.  I have a feeling over half of my house will be West Elm.  :)

4.  Prints -  Lets be real for a minute - does it get any better than SS Print Shop?  I dont think so.  I am obsessed with the prints she makes and I just bought 2 for my home!  My first decorating piece for my new house.  I can't wait to take pictures of them in the new house!!!  :)  I am thinking of getting some frames form Ikea or Aaron Brother and doing some DYI tricks to them to save a little money on the decor but still make it fab.  Stay tuned!  PS dont forget to snatch up some of the SS Holiday Prints which brings me to my final favs:

5.  Holiday Cheer -  As mentioned previously I am very fond of West Elm and I cant wait to pick up some of their holiday pieces.  This is just the start.  I got an email from Crate and Barrel today saying their holiday stuff is out!  So I cant wait to see what they have this year and Pottery Barn!  Eek.  I love the holiday season!  


  





No comments:

Post a Comment